27 y/o in intensive care after being electrocuted in Paphos
A 27-year-old man has been taken to Paphos General’s intensive care unit after being electrocuted early on Thursday, police said.
Authorities are investigating the cause of his electrocution, which continues to remain unknown.
According to police at approximately 12:25am, the 27-year-old Indian man was taken to the hospital by a 30-year-old Indian man.
Doctors at the hospital were able to determine that the man had been electrocuted in their initial examination.
Paphos police said that they questioned the 30-year-old man, who was unable to satisfy them with his answers as to how the 27-year-old was electrocuted.
Police are now investigating the case, and the possibility that the man was electrocuted in an attempt to steal wires from an electric installation.
The man is said to be out of danger, but he is being held for further monitoring at the hospital.
The incident – which the Electricity Authority of Cyprus has been informed of – is being investigated by Paphos police.